Yoeido Park

Yoeido Park
Beating the heat

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chicken @$$hole

On Friday night we went to our favorite Japanese place - which turned out to be Korean - with Jason and Sharon. Neither one of us could remember why we thought it was Japanese in the first place but either way the fish, rice and "egg roll" were delish! (I wish we knew the name of the place so we could recommend it to others but I still don't know our address here so I'm not going to beat myself up about not knowing the name of a restaurant.)


Anyhow, afterwards we went out for some drinks and Anjou. Since I ordered at the first place we left it up to Jason and Sharon to decide the next round of food. The first dish to come out was fried tofu. The tofu was almost firm and lightly battered. It was in a thick, glutinous mushroom broth and it was fantastic. I loved it so much that I ate someone else's portion on purpose and I'm not sorry about it. Next came a grilled squid that was flavorful, tender, and easy to eat. A few minutes after we finished eating Jason got up to use the restroom and Sharon told us that she wanted us to try one of her favorite late night dishes but that Jason wouldn't let her order it. Then she told us the dish was chicken @$$hole and that it was a very popular dish. She also said we didn't have to eat it if we didn't like. By this time we were well into our night and were feeling alright so we agreed to try it. When the waitress asked how we wanted it prepared, deep fried or grilled, M and I both yelled FRIED!!!( What doesn't taste good when it's deep fried, right?)
So the chicken @$$hole came and we tasted it and we were really polite about it, but it was disgusting and chewy and it kind of tasted like what I would expect fried mud to taste like. But it was over in a minute and the night went on and we all had a great time. Jason and Sharon are really nice and we enjoy hanging out with them. Our next stop is going to be the fish market to eat live octopus. I'll keep you posted. For now enjoy the pics.

Chicken @$$hole

No comments:

Post a Comment